Saturday, March 16, 2013

This week we discussed communication. this was particularly fascinating to me since I have wondered and thought about this subject for a long time. How is it that so many people communicate ineffectively? I have realized from my life that the majority of problems I am aware of or the perpetuation of problems occurs because people do not know how to communicate. too often we think that others are inherently gifted to read into the signals we give. the fact of the matter is that unless you are highly gifted in comprehending the human mind, the hints and such that people give are highly ambiguous and may easily, and frequently are, misinterpreted. the solution to this is clear. we must be unequivocally clear in the messages we give to people. we should be tactful, but we should be frank and honest. Any other course will likely lead to confusion, tension and possible alienation of the individuals associated.

No comments:

Post a Comment