Thursday, April 4, 2013

last week

Last week we discussed the importance of appropriate parenting. in particular I was impressed by the videos devoted to the purpose. In particular I thought the methods of connecting discipline with the rebellious act was very logical. It makes sense to discipline a child regarding natural law. if they abuse a privilege, they lose the blessings associated with that privilege. I think this is an important way to teach children by having certain consequences already established for a certain action. I also think that allowing truly natural consequences in which I have no involvement in the causation of are important. for example if a child does not clean their room they will lose things and suffer the consequences of that without my fixing the problem for them. Hopefully this will persuade them to be more responsible in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment